The co-founders of Secure Nest will be traveling from Australia to Austria in late June for the Inspire 2016 ISST Vienna Conference. We will be presenting a workshop on Secure Nest titled:
Working With An Innovative E-Health App Secure Nest, Designed Specifically For Schema Therapy: New Avenues For Meeting Client’s Needs In A Digital Era
The workshop will be run on the first day of the conference (the day following the preconference):
Conference Day 1 (Friday, July 1st): Morning Selections 10:45 – 12:15
Here is a some detail around what we will be covering in the workshop:
Following an introduction to e-health, the workshop will provide an interactive learning experience, exploring the use of technology as a driver for positive therapy outcomes. Therapists can participate using their own mobile device or provided handouts. Advantages of using Secure Nest for schema therapy:
• Support for clients to identify and manage their modes
• Provide targeted support in the different stages of therapy
• Remind clients of their goals, in line with their unmet needs
• Re-activate knowledge from sessions and enhance processing between sessions
Secure Nest was developed in collaboration with e-health experts and experienced schema therapists. The concept and application of Secure Nest will be described and illustrated with a case example. We will demonstrate its flexibility to work with individual therapists’ styles. We will outline the technology and secure practices which protect user content and provide an overview of other technical capabilities such as multilingual content. A limited number of places and a technology expert on the ground will ensure direct guidance is available. An open forum will conclude the workshop (Q&A, discussion of themes and feedback).
In this workshop attendees will learn:
• How to navigate and use an e-health app to provide customised support for their clients
• How Secure Nest can provide structure around the therapy process
• How to integrate Secure Nest into clinical work with a wide range of clients who are using schema therapy
• Ways in which colleagues are or could be using e-health tools to promote positive therapy outcomes
You can read more about the workshop here.
We will also have one of our co-founders, Sally Skewes, along with Rachel Samson presenting as part of the following day’s ‘Hot Topics Panel’:
Integrating E-Health Applications Into Schema Therapy: Exploring Client And Therapist Satisfaction
This will be:
Conference Day 2 (Saturday, July 2nd): Early Afternoon Selections 2:30 – 4:00
You can read more about this talk here.
For any therapists attending the conference who would like to touch base with us about Secure Nest outside the conference events, we hope to be there at least a day or two either side of the conference and would welcome an opportunity to speak with you. You can reach us by email at: [email protected]
The Secure Nest Team